June 30, 2020 UPDATE
What we are seeing and hearing from people is that, for a variety of reasons, many of our members are planning to simply continue worshipping via the livestream rather than coming to the church building. Because our max capacity is not filling up, there is no need to continue sign-ups at this time. If you would like to attend one of our three services, please come.
June 23, 2020 UPDATE – Phase 2 revised
- Attendance: Limited to 25% of our sanctuary’s capacity of 348 (each service), which is 87 people, not including staff. Sign up on the front page of our website.
- In general, ministry events including up to 87 people may now resume at the church building.
June 6, 2020 UPDATE – Phase 2
1. Resuming Worship Services
- English: All three services (Sat 6pm, Sun 9am, 11am) beginning June 13-14.
- Spanish: One service (Sun 1:30pm) beginning June 14.
- Attendance: Limited to 50 people, not including staff. Sign up on the front page of our website.
- Streaming: We will continue to stream Sunday 11am English service and 1:30pm Spanish service.
- Welcome Team: Teams will help facilitate precautions.
2. Prevention Measures
- Children: No nursery or kids ministries for the time being. Nursery and foyer available for parents with fussy kids – service will be on the TV screens.
- Distancing: We ask people to keep 6 feet of spacing before, during and after service.
- Face Coverings: We ask people to wear them before, during and after service.
- Communion: Come to the table style, with bread in individual cups as well as juice. People watching the stream will be encouraged to participate also.
- Hand Sanitizer: Will be readily available in meeting space.
- Signage: Signage and documentation will be posted.
- Cleaning: Welcome Team will disinfect primary touch areas between services.
- Enforcement: Staff and Welcome Team will set a good example, and members are asked to self-police.
3. Worship Service Watch Parties
- Those watching the stream will be encouraged to consider gathering with at least one other EBC member or family.
- Those who would like help connecting with a member or family near them should contact the EBC office.
- Members will be encouraged to remember the state guidelines and use wisdom with regard to these gatherings.
4. Life Groups
- Smaller Life Groups are allowed to gather, using appropriate precautions such as distancing, face coverings and sanitation.
- Meeting outdoors is a helpful way to reduce risk.
- Digital options are still encouraged for including members who are vulnerable or not comfortable gathering.
- Larger Life Groups may consider meeting at the church building where groups up to 50 are allowed.
5. Ministry Events
- In general, ministry events including up to 50 people may now resume at the church building.
- Youth Ministry will begin meeting again this Wednesday, June 10 at 6:30pm.
- Spanish Youth Ministry will begin meeting again this Friday, June 12 at 8pm.
We will livestream our English service Sunday at 11am from our livestream page, our EBC Youtube Page, (EvergreenBible) as well as from our main Evergreen Bible Church Facebook page during this time of isolation.
You can download the Facebook Watch TV app from many platforms, which allows you to watch without having a Facebook account. Find more info here. After downloading the app, search for Evergreen Bible Church or Iglesia Biblica Evergreen.
Latest Updates from EBC
Looking to Help Others?
Donate Money: We anticipate there will be many upcoming needs to meet. Click the button below to donate to EBC’s Fellowship Fund. After you have selected the amount, please note that it’s for the Fellowship Fund.
Donate Food: You can drop food off at the Clark County Food Bank. The food that provides the least amount of risk right now is shelf-stable product. Most Needed Food is peanut butter, canned meat like tuna or chicken, canned soup, and shelf-stable microwavable meal packets.. Get more info here.
We know there are many needs created by the Coronavirus. Jesus wants us to serve and love each other in tangible ways. This is especially true in times of great difficulty. If you need prayer or financial assistance, please click one of the buttons below. If you need prayer, we will pass your request to our prayer team. If you need financial assistance, we have a fellowship fund with some funds available for attenders of EBC. If you regularly attend EBC and call EBC your church home, please fill out the fellowship fund request form.